Monday, July 1, 2013

Consolation Prize at the Hudson Grille

Well friends, the moral of this story is to get booked with the gig as soon as you can.  I had waited and somehow thought I was booked.  Sometimes communication lines get crossed.  Messages were sent, from my records a good month in advance.  For whatever reason, other plans were made and I wasn't figuring into those plans.  I had a backup, which was an offer that I had turned down to take the other gig.  When I had lost that, I asked about the one I had turned down.  It was still available!  Very nice.  Oh wait, as it turns out, now the person who wasn't going to play it wanted in again.  Well, as the expression goes, that's par for the course.  If I really wanted a gig that night, a third opportunity came along that I had to accept.  It was with Martay at the Hudson Grille.  Easy breezy.  Really good that Reece was on the drums.  Always good to reconnect with Weezy!  We had a lot of fun.  Lots of girls out at this one, as the Brookhaven Beer Festival had taken place earlier.  One girl, who we monikered as "Hula Girl", was front center and ended up singing with us.  She was good, and helped to break the ice as far as crowd control went.  Martay was determined to rock the crowd and wasted no time in diving into many Van Halen numbers.  Reece held his own and rocked along with us.  Drunk Dave was there and sat in on Round and Round and a few others.  Our last song - a surprise: Tom Sawyer!  Well!  The drums were solid.  I think Reece does this with another band, so he is well practiced on it.  Great to hang with those guys for a fun night of suburban rock.







No comments:

Post a Comment