Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friday with MartaY at Cinco Mexican Cantina

Friday I worked with MartaY & Brent at the recently opened Cinco Mexican Cantina on Akers Mill Road near Cobb Parkway.  Details were worked out, then discarded, I was off the gig, a thank you anyways text was sent,  I was asked to be back on the gig, meanwhile I was in Dunwoody taking Jack to his Kaikudo Top Gun class, then meeting Sabina at the local Mellow Mushroom with Spencer, everything had changed since I wasn't playing so I didn't have my gear, ordered our app of hummus with cucumber slices, waters with lemon, and then placed the order for the large pepperoni pie, then Sabina made it and I told her I had to leave, ate the hummus that Spencer didn't want, got a slice to go, drove back to the house to get my gear, then on to Cinco...  They were on the upper deck/patio.  Alas, no elevator.  First time here so I load in through the front, not knowing there were back stairs taking you directly to the patio.  The weather was just starting to turn cooler, but I was dressed for the evening in a long sleeve.  Good deal, as it was breezy up yonder.  We played well and got a bit loud, as we generally do.  The management seemed to like us, although they probably were more interested in a solo act for volume considerations.  A fun gig at any rate, with a whirlwind of activity beforehand for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment