Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yeah, it's happened again

I have to publish the bad with the good.  It's a release to get it out there.  Perhaps this blog will be stumbled upon by someone who may have some of the same fleeting lack of good judgement.  I can help by sharing my tales of woe & questionable decisions.  I was late to soundcheck today.  It's a horrible thing to be late, as late as I was.  It sets the tone for the rest of the gig.  Nobody wants to go through a gig with mental baggage in their head.  Well, sometime during the 3rd break I wandered off on a phone call.  The call itself was just over 15 minutes long.  A long phone call by my watch.  Well, it was 3 songs too long, as the band had started without me around.  Oh, that's a bad feeling.  It's really hard to have a live band without a bass player.  A couple had apparently come to see us in my absence.  I take it they were not impressed.  I've been given 1 more chance to stay on course.  This I will not take lightly.  I do want to prove to myself that I can improve my life so that I can be considered dependable & good to have around.  All right, enough said.  It's late & I just want the day to be behind me now.  You never stop learning in this life.

We had some guest vocalists up with us who succeeded in putting a new twist on the Garth Brooks chestnut "Friends in Low Places".  I will never think of that song again without this unfortunate mental image I have of a man running his hand down the leg of the his buddy at the end of that song, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some pix from this otherwise rather forgettable gig...




No comments:

Post a Comment