Friday, July 1, 2011

Java Monkey going strong since 1993

So far behind in posting that I have to insert this post of Java Monkey going back 3 weeks or so.  This particular night was another warm up for the fellas to go over the songs for their recording session.  That meant Rob showed up again to play his beautiful NS Omni Bass over the originals of Guy & Jason.  I started us out & then relaxed as Rob took over.  Very inventive & melodic, while driving some serious bottom with his forceful attack.  I really enjoy hearing what he brings to the mix & try my best to inject some that same mojo into the procedings when it's my turn.  The night was perfect & there was quite a crowd for this crazy music.  Soon enough it was the 2nd set & I played through our list of standards as well as I could.  I want to start bringing out the WAV again since that's what I hear on a lot of these tunes.  It splits the difference so well as far as being an electric with an upright attitude.  Always a good time at Java Monkey, with a generous staff & funky surroundings.








No comments:

Post a Comment