Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New Kid In Town Preps For the 2nd Show

The Money Shot
Not much to relay here.  I figure I'm doing this blog mainly for me and my sanity, perhaps my (lack of) memory.  Little pieces of the puzzle come together in odd ways.  Speaking of coming together, I am impressed that these lads can make it to a rehearsal from as far away as Tampa, Tifton, and Nashville.  Brent and Renee were generous hosts to have us in their home.  We donned (henley & felder - sorry, couldn't resist!) our black suits and mugged for the camera.  Our photographer was a very good director.  She will stay anonymous, but she sure did a great job at trying to bring out the best in us.  As for the practicing, we went over some key tracks in detail.  Ultimately, there's a lot of information to keep up with here.  Vocal harmonies are key, and I think it gets confusing quickly.  This music is very exacting, as any tribute band can be.  Songs like Witchy Woman, One of These Nights, and New Kid In Town are hook-filled micro-symphonies that belie the common "made easy for guitar" songbook.  To do this music justice, a drill sergeant MD (musical director) should be standing over each of us, tapping their feet and ashing their cigarette on our guitar straps as we sweat over the next subtle variation that is fast approaching.  Still, in our relaxed atmosphere, it's nice that we nailed some things down.

Bands know the painful process of getting the publicity photo.  If you don't, then take heed.  It probably pays to stay sober during the ordeal.  We were, for the most part.  There may have been a few shots of tequila involved - I'm just sayin'...  Eagles 2nd album standout has to be Tequila Sunrise.  It's only fitting.  I was instructed to not disclose our wonderful photographer in any blog or social media whatsoevah.  Got it.  There were some humorous jpegs taken on my fine camera-phone that violated that stipulation.  Too bad.  I present to you the best of the rest: here are some long lost outtake shots - the making of The Money Shot, if you will...





I think I was trying too hard all along...

No comments:

Post a Comment