Saturday, October 6, 2012

Absynthe Makes The Art Garfunkel Makes The Market on a Perfect Fall Evening in Buckhead

Such a whirlwind evening.  Working later than I had expected, driving to Buckhead in Friday traffic, unloading the powered mixer, speakers, cables, bass rig, basses onto the patio at the W Hotel on Peachtree.  This is where Market is, soon it will be Cook Hall, a strange name for a new hang of sorts.  We were outside, and it was certainly a beautiful night to be outside.  Too bad it felt like a well kept secret.  We really did not have much of a crowd.  We compensated our server by generously tipping our gracious server Linzi Thompson.  She was not exactly over-worked.  Sad.  The music was okay.  I forgot a stand light, so I couldn't read any charts!  Not good.  I knew some of the older stuff better than I realized, but it wasn't too professional.  I just haven't been able to sit down and work on any of it.  Work has taken over this week.  I was running on empty, but adrenaline didn't fail me until it was time to pack it all up.  Still, a great night.  The guys bring a lot to the table here and the music is special.  Paul wouldn't have been proud.  Thanks to Adrian with a little help from his friends for these colorful pics.  Without those LED footlights, it would have been an intensely dark experience!


Linzi Thompson, working the patio at Market






No comments:

Post a Comment