Saturday, June 9, 2012

Patio Jazz in Cumming, Once Again

Great to be back in Cumming at the Buckhead Pizza Company with The Flycats.  I realize, for some of you faithful readers, that these posts are perhaps glorifying some rather mundane shows, so to speak.  It's all I have, and I am making the best of it.  We all are.  I read some other blogs, notably that of my old band mate who actually stood up for me and helped me secure my gig with Platinum, Mr. David Freeman.  His blog can be found here.  There really isn't much to compare.  Still, my small jobs get me out and about and allow me to interact with some terrific musicians.  I am blessed to think that these guys want me back sometimes.  Glenn "Big Lou" Tocci is New York attitude all the way.  No BS here!  Reece is most likely opposite in his political views from Big Lou, a tree hugger after my best interests.  I'm told not to get in a political debate here.  I'm Libertarian, a long time Neal Boortz (WSB AM 750 in Atlanta) listener.  Sad to learn of Neal's retirement at the end of the year...  The music was very good.  A highlight was playing the Nat King Cole standard Smile, which I learned was originally in a Charlie Chaplin film as an instrumental.  It brings hope to even those who can't fake it.  I like that in music.


Wore this old relic of a concert T for my bud Reece.
We were both at this show of Pat Metheny's Secret Story Tour at the Roxy Theater in Buckhead back in 1993.


No comments:

Post a Comment