Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sweetwater Junction Makes a Demo



It's finally come around to doing the demo for our EPK.  Cool.  We tracked on Sunday at the offices of Party Central, home of Party On the Moon.  There was a bit of an issue with the chosen engineer and the studio equipment.  I think it all worked itself out, but I cannot verify that everybody was happy.  I wrongly assumed we would just track "live" and get 'er done in quick fashion.  It was subsequently decided that we would only be tracking the drums and bass on this day.  I wish I had used a different setup.  My bass sounded big and fat, running through a nice GK MB115 combo.  The playbacks I heard were a bit sterile and clicky.  Ugh!  The engineer could have mentioned something.  He didn't hardly say anything, come to think of it.  We laid a lot down in the time we had.  We had our discussions about tempo, arrangements, and such.  It all went very well. I still don't understand why we didn't just all track together.  We're good enough, I think.  Time is an issue and the studio is going to get busy in the next few weeks.  I hope we aren't too late.

Mark Letalien, my rhythm buddy on this Junction Journey,
getting set up for an afternoon of tracking in a new studio.
"Now cut that out!"
"Yeah John, what he said!!"
"Okay, I can learn to relax for this session."
Brian and Walt were not cutting their tracks on this day,
but they still gave it their all.
Chris Gunther did as well.  We sounded great live in the studio.
Mirror image.
Agent at large.  Actually a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment