Thursday, March 8, 2012

Possible New Jazz Group to Feature My Stick Playing


Glen from Platinum sent me a very rare email.  In it, he shared a link to our local Craigslist which was a request for a local Chapman Stick player.  Now that is something that you just don't see in print very often.  I was compelled to reply to this post.  I have since found out the ad placer is a guitarist who knows a drummer that I thought I knew.  I'm not great with names, but I remember a gig with what I have to believe was almost a one-off band that imploded a bit for no apparent reason named Mofobia.  Mofobia!  What a great name!  It sounds funky, doesn't it?  Our gig years ago in Buckhead is still a Google request away in cyberworld here.  It was with Brian Molin on guitar and several blokes who I haven't spoken with or heard of since.  I had to shed on a bunch of their tunes, namely some cool Meters and Funkadelic stuff.  Well, anyways, one of the guys was a Zendrum founder.  I now see that the guy form Mofobia was Kim, but that my contact for this new band is mentioning David Haney, the other co-founder.  That may be for the best.  At any rate, I thought this might be worth mentioning.  I have almost zero free time for a new project, but...  it would be nice to have something pushing me along to work on the Stick.  I don't see using it much unless I'm prompted.  I am trying to bring it out to some weddings and such, but I am the bass player on those things and there is a certain responsibility that keeps me from really letting loose on the true Freehands technique - that and a rather apparent lack of chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment