Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back to The Biltmore: The Return of Platinum to One of The Most Reverbererent Rooms in Atlanta

This night we were a 7-piece, as Virginia selflessly took herself out of the financial puzzle.  We did great as a 7-piece, with Lexxi taking on more songs.  She shined on (You Make Me Feel Like a) Natural Woman.  We have started playing I'll Be, that ditty by Edwin McCain.  I play acoustic guitar and Glen plays my bass on that one song only.  I finally got the guitar jack fixed (the nut was just a bit too large ie Metric vs. American), but now if the cable is pushed in too far (?), then the signal shorts out.  Ugh.  I pull it out a bit and it's okay.  It's always something with that guitar.  It sounded good, so you never know.  I wanted to try having both cabinets powered up, so I brought them!  A nice big tower of bass.  Nobody commented on my gear, probably because they are so used to me bringing a lot of stuff (relatively).  I also brought some Green Tobasco sauce for the dinner - Anton's suggestion!  Ha!  I actually didn't have any - I liked the Big mac-ish sauce they had for our bandwiches.

I brought the Stick out once again (2nd time) for some of the easier groove (hip-hop) tunes.  Fun to do 2-handed bass parts on those.  It sounded better than the last time, as I simply reached down and cranked the compressor and the low end on my pedalboard.  My low strings were fretting out around the 1st and 2nd frets, and the 10th string was virtually unplayable.  Need to raise the action a smidge.  A little disappointing, considering I just got this from Emmett's careful setup facility.  Oh well, I was thinking of raising the nut side a bit anyways, to get a more pronounced low C# and the like.  I played well in general, so I'm glad for the fact that I don't have any nightmare bum notes to report.



Don't laugh - the Hot Sauce was a big hit at dinner!
Note the guitar - played on the opening song only - Glen played bass!






No comments:

Post a Comment