Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Running With Desire Hits the Shed (again...)

These guys are practice happy.  Such is the way we improve, and it does have merit.  I can always count on MartaY to school me on proper "rawk" technique.   One aspect is to keep my picking confined to downstrokes only, a la Metalica!  It does make a difference that I can hear.  With alternate picking, the energy is wee - continuous downstrokes propels the driving beat.  It separates the men from the boyz, so man up and get ready for some sore tendons!

We met at Soul Asylum Studios, Shane's rehearsal studio off of Peachtree Industrial Boulevard (the P.I.B. in some circles, like, for instance, traffic reports).  The place was set up for us to play as if we were playing live, so it worked out real well.  We got through all of the songs and tightened up many loose ends.  What more could you want?

Bono Vox
The Edge

Adam Clayton

Larry Mullen, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment