Monday, June 13, 2011

Platinum travels to St. Simons Island

We were in a tent in the backyard of a very large house on Floyd Street, 1 block from the downtown area where the grand L-shaped pier juts out.  The view and area was priceless.  My rig for this gig goes down as worthless.  My sound cut out so many times I lost count.  Will try to get through the ol' pedalboard this week to figure out the problem.  These kind of issues are a real drag because they typically do not repeat themselves when you (I) try to troubleshoot.  I eventually went straight into the amp.  That worked.  Maybe I should try that more often.

Really, the 2nd set (we only played 2, but they were long ones) went very well.  I didn't have my pedalboard in line, so I couldn't rely on my octave pedal, or any others for that matter.  It changed things up to a certain extent & made me realize how much I do use those gadgets.  The pedalboard was still in place with the power left on.  What interesting about that is I would see it, so I would step on a pedal to engage the effect.  Funny.  Of course, it wouldn't change anything.  The power of suggestion.  This is how it will be for our upcoming gig in San Antonio.  I will have a very nice rig that will be provided, but since I'm flying with a bass, I surely won't have a pedalboard to step on.  For this coming weekend with Martay as well as Platinum, I will use my Boss MB-30 floor unit.  Those all-in-one units are good for no shorts, right?  I don't want to push my luck, but I believe I will be okay.

I rode with Gus & he did a great job getting us there & back, even though his GPS wanted to send us to Statton Island.  He also didn't bug me whatsoever about my unsettling dropouts & lack of effective troubleshooting.  A first class dude, I can tell you that.

What a view!

More wow!

Bassist's POV!

A beautiful & talented opening act!

The sun was beating down on our backs during sound check & the first set...

Much better once the sun set.

You can leave your hat on!

My first gig with Anton.

Michael Little killed it, as always.

Leave them wanting more - that's what we do so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment