Tuesday, April 26, 2011

RJ Griffin & Company's Spring Party Friday April 22

Martay's good friend Dan had us back again for another springtime backyard dinner party.  Brent and I made good on our commitment to playing the hits, quaffing some brews, and eating man-sized portions of Low Country Boil (including crawfish, shrimp, corn, potatoes, onion, etc.).  They also served that famous vodko-spiked sweet tea with lemon that didn't seem to last much past sundown.  We set up and were ready by 7, more or less.  It always takes longer than expected.  I was the first to arrive and Dan welcomed me with a cold beer.  What a great host!  It was hard to say no, I must say.  Dan's house is amazing with a great front porch and a rear deck that is some beautiful wood.  He has installed a coy pond since our last visit with 2 stepping stones, which we had to traverse for the load in.  Very cool setup. 

It seemed like we didn't have a plan about what to play.  I think Dan likes the Van Halen and the hard rock, so we did play some of that.  We ended up playing The Joker, Jenny Jenny, and the typical safer stuff.  With this party, the load in and load out was the hardest part.  I helped with the PA cabinets and set up the lights, which were a huge asset. 

Ah, the night flew by and I said goodbye to Brent.  Then I took the PA cabinets, the lights, my rig, and a few other things out and packed our cars.  I went to look for Martay and he was still inside talking with the hosts who looked like they were ready to call it a night.  I was too, so I left before getting paid.  All in a night's work.  It was fun, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment