Thursday, February 24, 2011

Saturday February 19th in Amelia Island with Sweetwater Junction

The big news on this gig was the return of Chris Gunther of Quoz fame on lead vocals.  So little was said about it, so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.  He's back in the fold and sounding great.  Nice to have some occasional acoustic rhythm guitar in the mix for us.  The ceremony was outdoors and it was nice 70 degree beach weather - beautiful day for a wedding.  We had to meet at the unkind hour of 7:30 at the storage space - this after my night before with Martay at Padriac's.  I was toast, but I had some pep later in the day. 


Took these pics before the ceremony with my Sansung Intercept Android phone.  Binnie and I got new phones last October and it's nice to have a half decent camera to grab shots with.  Unfortunately, it has the typcial delay and shakiness associated with any cheap digital camera.  Still, these landscape shots came out nice enough.  I always try to wander down to the shore if I've travelled this far.
Shot of the Ritz from the beach.
The sun has set for the most part.
Another view of the hotel from the beach.
Here is a shot of the bride and groom dancing with their guests while we played.  The crowd was really into it all night long.  It made for an enjoyable gig, naturally.  As usual, we drove back afterwards, which was a horrible experience although we got back safely (Thanks Mark!).  I always swear never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment