Monday, February 21, 2011

Padriac's - back after 2 months

We have gone to an every other month schedule for Padriac's in Vinings.  Not a great omen.  I would have thought that we would have put on more of a show for this grand reunion.  Always a weird start there since people are occupying tables right in front and next to us.  We didn't know where to put the PA cabinets.  Plus, MartaY had a guy shooting video for us.  I could tell he was antsy to get going so he could leave.  Another wrinkle was that the box/bag/case of speaker cables et al was left at home.  We made it work with what I brought.  I inadvertently left with one of Martay's 1/4 inch cables.  However, now I'm missing my mic stand.  I was on fumes to say the least.  Red bull got me there and I played well.  Playing with Martay has become like riding a bike.  I have done my homework for the most part and he doesn't throw out too many surprises anymore.  Not even the Billy Idol stuff, which can wear me out - 6 minutes of non-stop rapid fire plectrum downstrokes!  We started a little late and played a good solid 70 minute set.  Then we took a break and things fell apart as they can during a long break.  The good news was that Cliff was there with his wife!  Yay for Cliff!  Great to see him and they had a date night to come hear us.  The bad news was that even with Bill to sing lead vocals we only played maybe a 35 minute set.  Weird that Martay wanted to end so early.  Good "Whole Lotta Love" and "Every Rose Has It's Thorn".  Ended with "Round and Round" and that was it!  My only good pic was of the fabulous Brent, who sang many a great song that night - "PYT", "Lovin Touchin Squeezin", "Don't Stop Believin'"!


Dig my special effects lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment