Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's been a slow February

I really need to try to find some other musical friends to keep me busy during these slow periods.  Life is hell when I'm not busy.  This week I'm looking forward to Adrian Ash Group on Thursday, Martay & The Partay on Friday (we only play every other month at Padriac's now, so we haven't been there since December), and then back to Amelia Island with Sweetwater Junction on Saturday.  I am practicing my NS/Stick for Running With Desire.  I want to try to cover some of the "other parts" that Eno or The Edge would typically throw in the mix on these U2 songs we're playing for St. Patty's Day.  I worked on "Get On Your Boots" the other night and there's a cool high bell riff that happens during the pre-chorus, so that's about the speed and difficulty I'm thinking of.  I haven't given my NS/Stick much attention so i'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with it.  I keep it in the straight 4th's tuning, which gives it BEADGCFBb, strange to tune a string to Bb but that seems like the most logical to me.  I'm not going to be playing guitar parts on it - I don't think.  More on this as I learn some other songs on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment