Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Third Time's a Charm: The Return of the Son of Georgian Terrace

Hey, this time out I had to bring young Spencer to my soundcheck.  He was a good boy and charmed many of the Platinum folk into liking him - go figure.  He got to play Glen's keyboard and climb all over the subs.  He drewa few pictures, got bubblegum all over his fingers, and needed to go potty while we were rehearsing.  Oh man.  I was able to walk him down to the building that Sabina works in (BOA Building), so it was actually remarkably convenient.  She was working because this was a Friday evening gig, a Christmas party.  It's funny that there were 4 parties happening in the Georgian Terrace.  I think between just about all of us, nobody knew who the company was that we were playing for.  It was the ususal deal with a quiet first set and then gradually ramping up.

There weren't any particular requests, so that makes it a bit less memorable.  This was right about the time that my phone and, oddly enough, my phone charger started a long downward spiral.  I think the phone caused the charger to die, but it may have been the other way around.  At any rate, I don't have any pics of this event.  A blog is not as fun without some eye candy...

Update 14.01.11: Extra Texture!  Read All Aboot It!  (that's with a slight Canadian accent, of sorts)...

Found those pesky pics.  I've had 2 cell phone replacements within the past month or so and I didn't think I'd a) taken any pics in the first place as my phone charger in the back of my amp had also been suspect.  It actually did die but it took me several gigs to figure that out and then remember to switch it out completely...  b) saved the pics if I had taken any - they weren't on our upstairs computer and I thought the only ones saved on the basement pc were from my Thanksgiving trip to DC  c) I knew they weren't all that great but maybe I would find them one fine day.  This is the day.  They aren't all that, but I do really like the first and the last ones, so I named them.

Accidental Blurred Lines




Midtown at Midnight



No comments:

Post a Comment