Thursday, January 24, 2013

Getting Ready For "Walk For Hope" and Generating More Hope

Not much to report during this typically vapid month of January.  Hey, it's a test to see if we can all hang in there.  A few family birthdays, Becca and Steve, and even a date night for the Mrs. and myself.  Watched one of my favorite movies with Jack, The Game, starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.  What a story that one turned out to be.  Jack really liked it.  Good to see him put his PSV down for 2 hours.  Rehearsed with Platinum and worked on Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars, including some dance moves for all of us.  I need to practice those, come to think of it.  Also rehearsed for a short hit this Saturday with some guys to whom J.T. from Running With Desire referred me.  They are called Last Call and the event is this Saturday evening (7:00 - 8:30 pm) at Meehan's Irish Pub in Atlantic Station.  The show is after Spirit Foundation's 5K "Walk For Hope", which is a benefit for cervical cancer research.  Check out the details for the walk here.  We play the hits after the walk.  Hoping for decent weather after this cold rain blows through on Friday.  Should be a good, family oriented show with some fun, seldom heard covers a la R.E.M., Badfinger, The Kinks, and Bowie.  I'll even be singing some leads and playing my NS/Stick.

Just learned of some terrible news from a friend; a loss in his family.  It is so devastatingly sad that I can't begin to wrap my head around it.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  Time cannot heal these monumental twists in our existence.  We learn to accept and eventually deal with the vacuum that is left around us.  I can't think of any relief from your pain.  Please be strong and try to find the pleasure in the mundane.  There's still much to be thankful for, even if it doesn't present itself with the same vibrant colors it once shared.  Give someone a hug today for these good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment