Sunday, December 16, 2012

Billy Batts Ensemble Plays Your Christmas Favorites

Wow.  Hadn't had this delightful experience of when I type an incredible heartfelt post, only to have it all completely deleted.  Such is the feeling I have about this entire night and the day that preceded it.  Jason LaMarca not withstanding, it was a gig to just best put behind me.  The playing was good.  I had some melodic turns that only those 3 guys would be aware of.  My intonation on the fretless was good.  Earlier, I had the good fortune to bring my GK combo to work.  I found out that a company comes by and picks up gear to be repaired.  My amp made the list, and it's a new company for us to use.  Get this: the company we started using was founded by the tech who was leaving the electronics job I was coming into (where i only last maybe a month).  He seemed very knowledgeable.  I bet he will do good work.  That was about the only good thing to happen that day, as far as I'm concerned.

Just over it at the moment.  Had a nice long summation of the evening and now it's lost.  Oh well.  You do this enough and something unfortunate is bound to happen.  The Christmas songs were uninspired, but I was thinking about that awful tragedy in Connecticut.  What a horrible day.  Those poor people.  I can't get over it.  It's just so sad and senseless...

An addendum.  In case you're reading Walt, my apologies for not having a clue on the solo changes for the Vince Guaraldi tune Christmas Is Coming.  It was an easy vamp, that's for sure.  I will look into improving my Christmas charts for next time around, that's for sure.  The book has gotten fat, with too many page turns.  When all of those extra pages end up leaving out some crucial sections, however small, then that truly makes the sum less than its parts.  My head was not in the game, and truthfully hasn't been the last few times with the BBE.  Will have to do better at getting some much needed sleep on those Thursday nights...







No comments:

Post a Comment