Thursday, September 15, 2011

A brief blast from the past.

This pic was taken at the Star Community Bar in Little 5 Points back in 1991 I would guess.  Such a great snapshot.  I can probably come up with more, but they might not be this funny.  I was with Jellyroll for what felt like years and years, although time has a way of exaggerating the truth.  We played a lot of gigs, that's for sure.  I miss playing with those guys.  Scott Burroughs and I had some nice telepathic communication.  He was really the first drummer I had played with on an ongoing basis as a bass player.  I also miss that fretless Precision bass that was stolen from my residence.  I'm certain that it was pawned for a good amount of cash.  It was a '73 but I placed EMG's (including a J-bass bridge pickup) in it.  I loved playing an unlined fretless, although I was clueless about getting a decent tone out of it.  With a Precision and especially a fretless, you've got to welcome the midrange honk and forego the treble to a certain extent.  Well, had to share this pic.  Thanks Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment