Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Return to The Estate: An Evening With Platinum at Buckhead's Historic Antebellum Mansion


Heard ya missed us, we're back!!!  Well, it's been a mere 6 months, if that, since we settled in for a mid-week Christmas gala event.  This time out, we just happen to be performing in the very same room for a wedding reception of the highest order.  Also, this time out, we we shifted around the room 90 degrees and given a generous stage to give our robust presence even more robustness!  Nice.  I brought my usual multitude of instruments, only for the first time I brought 2 acoustic guitars.  The second was for When You Know, which I believe I shared a chart of in a previous session.  I really worked on it and learned the opened tuning version, so I brought Jack's Fender acoustic electric tuned to open D for that song alone.  I know it's a bit overkill, but so is re-tuning a 12-string acoustic on the fly!  Don't want to try that.  I guess I should have practiced I Hope You Dance a bit, as I did a half-beat panic just before that intro bass riff, which begins as a pickup on the and of 2...  Hey, sometimes a good recovery is what separates the men from the boys.  We never did get around to When You Know...

Band meals were much better this time, with salad, chicken, potatoes, asparagus, rolls, sodas, no complaints.  The rest of the night was splendid.  We threw down and they responded.  Good to have Brian Bartlett back with us on guitar.  He is the right man for the job, but I guess he has family commitments and doesn't want to sign off onto our hectic schedule.  he's been there - done that.  Still, he's a real pro and would be a great fit.  The guests made for a young crowd that loved to dance, so we felt good about the gig.  Cool venue with a much better vantage point this time around.







No comments:

Post a Comment