Monday, February 24, 2014

Pasti's in Roswell: Friday Night's Alright For Dancing


Glen hipped me that he wouldn't be on this one, and he was grateful to have a frequent sub in place for Fuji.  Always a good time here at Pasti's, and this night was no exception.  Sitting in for G-Clef was none other than Mike Little from Platinum Soul.  Mike is so laid back in person, but as a front man he was very outgoing.  It was a refreshing night of oldies but goodies, from his perspective.  There was a concern from Randy that we weren't as tight as we could be, but I think it was only an issue with one song.  Not bad for a gig with a leader I haven't seen in a good long time.  Derek was the star of this night, nimbly pulling off his 6-string flights of fancy without a pick.  Hard to play funk and solo without a pick, unless you're Lindsey Buckingham, Nils Lofgren or Jeff Beck.  D-Mac pulled it off.

There is some HVAC/exhaust apparatus that has been installed in the corner of the stage since the last time I was here.  It forces Randy to set up a bit to the right, which takes up some of the space where I would stand.  That puts me on the actual floor.  No big deal, but I am among the pressed hordes once the music settles in.  It makes for an intimate show, to say the least.  I have to reclaim my spot on the floor after the breaks as well.  A minor price to pay for the chance to groove and bump and grind with the unwashed masses.  We had some big fun and the shorter sets really fly by.  Stopped by Chaplins, down the road on S. Atlanta St. (Roswell Road or Hwy. 9).  It's a place I've passed hundreds of times so I was curious as to what the vibe was.  It is a big karaoke hot spot, so now I know.  I wondered around and then left the party as they noshed on wings.  Money has been tight, so no wings for me.

Michael Little

Randy Hutchinson


A good friend passing by in my limited space on the floor
Mike & Derek McCoy



No comments:

Post a Comment