Monday, November 26, 2012

Hovering Above the Jazz Police with The Flycats



The end of the Thanksgiving weekend gave me an opportunity to play some jazz with the mighty Flycats.  They have a semi-regular Sunday brunch gig at Moondance in Suwanee.  Of course, this provided me a few hours to hang with one of my best friends going back to my early years in the ATL, Master Reece Harris.  Reece is a formidable drummer who can play just about anything.  He took the sickest solo on Paul Desmond's Take Five I have ever witnessed!  Too bad I was one of the four people there to check it out.  Glenn Tocci on the guitar gave us a run for our hard-earned moolah!  He led us through a little bit of That's the Way of the World, Isn't She Lovely, and a request from the owner('s husband - she was out for the the weekend, along with everybody else who frequents the establishment) of Stormy Monday, complete with an impromptu harmonica solo - nice!  We rocked the joint and ate our weight in omelets, bacon, and hotcakes.  It was a joyous noise.  Those guys are so complimentary.  I can't think of better comrades in that regard.  They truly pumped me up until I felt like I could do no wrong.  My intonation was a bit quirky every so often, but I had the drive to keep it aggressive and confident.  Thanks to the 'cats!  Hope we can reconvene again before we get too much older.







No comments:

Post a Comment