Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Professional Airmen's Conference Party at the Hyatt Regency

Saturday the 14th Platinum played for approximately 800 Airmen and guests as a part of the Air Force Sargeants Association conference kickoff .  The theme was "Party Like A Rock Star" and that meant we were pulling out any and all rocking tunes that we do.  The band played really well, like a fine tuned machine.  For me, I did well with relatively few clams but I hit a huge bad ugly loud note at the beginning of "What I'd Say".  Things like that can ruin a whole set for me.  I realize now that I was wrongly associating that song with "Ain't No Sunshine" and that's why I hit the A instead of the E.  It will never happen again!  The rest of the night was smooth.  I played my Tobias fretless and my Precision and I really enjoyed how both fit into the mix.  The P-bass really has some balls and snot and it is a true rock bass.  I gotta admit it.  Don't turn your nose up to the Precision!

No comments:

Post a Comment