Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Adrian Ash's Bachelor Party at Shorty's Pizza

Yes, the Adrian Ash Group performed at Shorty's Pizza in Tucker on L'ville Hwy in honor of Adrian's impending marital sentence.  We were given the night to play by local bass entertainer and vocalist Michael Hurwitz (I hope I have his name correct), who helped to fill in the night in a N'awlins kind of fashion.  We ended up playing our 1st set of dinner music and then later on Adrian sang a few numbers before turning it over to the rest of us.  It should go better tomorrow at Java Monkey and certainly problem free at the wedding and reception.  We enjoyed a good, cold 420, a slice of pie, and found out who was ready and who wasn't!  Nice Ampeg amp and cabinet that I played through.  Always good to see Guy and Jason, who had some nice comments on my part relating to my dismissal from WR.  Ah, that's life and I'm guilty as charged, in a way.  Got to move on and keep my head up.  Oh yeah, saw Doug Morton tonight, after some 13 years or so.  Great to see an old friend.  We reminisced about playing at Fuzzy's Place all those years ago, with the Blues Barons: Barron Ruth, Bill Diehl, Doug, myself, and Big Matt Kearney on the sax-o-horn!  Matt got me involved with those cats and I really can't remember why we didn't do more.  Doug said they couldn't afford Matt, so I guess we were considered a package deal.  It was a good night and hopefully a decent musical bachelor party for Adrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment