Monday, November 18, 2013

Some Motivation




Sometimes I take this to heart.  I try to get more important things done before I run to blab about old gigs.  I also try to look at it as a small memory exercise - don't wanna lose it so I'd better use it.

Now, where was I?

Played my upright bass the other night for the "dinner" set.  Forgot that I would use my Fishman Platinum Pro Bass DI, so I wasn't able to get much volume before feedback.  Trying to research a bit on ways to get more stage volume through a fairly standard bass rig.  Lately I play through a GK Fusion 550 head into an SWR Golight 115 cab.  My pickup is the Fishman Full Circle.  I have an old Boss GE-7B pedal, which I believe is my most extensive eq.  The Fishman does not have a notch filter - why not?  The Acoustic DI they developed later does include a notch filter - one knob that you select the frequency for a very deep and very narrow cut.  Is is always engaged?  Are you always notching something out?  Whatever.  I'm a little annoyed.  A 3rd-ocatve eq would be nice, but that would be expensive and perhaps more trouble than it's worth.  Small dual-parametrics are very expensive.  More on this when I figure it all out.

And for reading this not so helpful entry, let me show you a pic taken at this past September's concert appearance by Steely Dan.  Always glad to know they come around again, this time playing the Aja album in its entirety.  They also played Godwhacker from their most recent Everything Must Go, a criminally overlooked and underappreciated classic.  Thanks to Walter and Donald for all of the great music they've given us here at the western world!


No comments:

Post a Comment