Sunday, November 3, 2013

Platinum's Perfect PineIsle Pointe Pavillion Performace


Another fine wedding reception, and in the very same open air PineIsle Pavillion that we performed in earlier this year.  PineIsle Pointe is the most remote location on the island, making for an incredible vista of open waters and rolling hills.  We enjoyed an early autumn evening that held a near perfect temperature.  An important consideration when wearing tuxedos.  The band included Johnny Collins, Tyron "Bogey" Thornton, and Bethany Hines, in addition to Virginia on the front line.  We also had multi-instrumentalist/vocalist/all-around-great-hang Norm Ficke subbing for Anton on saxophones and unrelated things you hit.  

We ran over the dances and the newish medley incorporating Hot In Herre.  We then made our way up to a private dining room for a nice little feast of steak, potatoes, and salad, along with a generous slice of key lime pie.  Changed into our tuxes and then we waited a bit.  Took our picture out in the field, checked in with facebook, and discussed which jazz tunes we might play.  As it turned out, the party requested that we start with the Motown-ish set right after the people enter the pavilion.  Good idea.  Made for an instant dance party.  It ultimately made for a long night, as the breaks came and went, but we played a generous 2 hour set to close out the night.  No problem there.  We were enthused with a great crowd and the crisp night air.  

The band played well and it was a lot of fun.  I got some decent crowd shots, which I don't always manage to do.  We played I'll Be with Johnny singing, Glen on bass, and me on 12-string.  Nice to play guitar once again.  My fretless was fun to play as well.  Glad I brought it out.  My rig sounded decent, but I was still dismayed at my pedalboard.  It would be the last time I have it in this configuration.

"Platinum is out standing in their field"






No comments:

Post a Comment