Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day and an Update From the Washington D.C. Area Crisis


Yesterday was the 4th of July.  Hope everybody reading could enjoy the day with friends and family.  It's not always possible.  People are working, sick, lonely, sometimes all of the above.  My 4th was very nice, spent with my immediate family: swimming, lunch, shopping, bathing the pit pup, grilling burgers and dogs, talking with my brother and sisters, catching fireworks at the nearby Indian Hills Country Club - how quaint and serene for me.  I am lucky at certain moments in my life.


My sister let me know her electricity was restored in the morning - she was without it since Saturday.  I saw the story on the news, mentioning her city of Kensington and her street Connecticut Avenue.  Lost everything in the fridge.  All from a 30 minute long freak storm officials call a "microburst".  Absolutely crazy.  These things happen.

Getting some cleaning and purging accomplished.  Jack is excited that we might be purchasing an Apple TV unit.  Looking forward to another evening of jazz and beyond at Java Monkey, then a wedding reception on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment