Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sweetwater Junction EPK

Sweetwater Junction
Frogtown Cellars Winery, Dahlonega, GA

Sweetwater Junction ATL in action
Lake Rabun, Georgia
l - r: Chris Garner, Brian Molin, Walt Austin, Mark Letalien, John Hancotte
We tracked the songs, overdubs were completed, the video was shot, everything was edited together and remastered...  here it is.  The great Sweetwater Junction promo video for East Coast Entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbuve9l2nzE

Naturally, it is a variety cover band.  We cover many styles of music like other variety cover bands.  We have a passion for jazz, so that is where we come from and can handle the dinner set and light fare with no problem.  We love the Motown, Beatles, Stones, 70's classic rock, the disco hits, funk, country, hard rock, even hip-hop and some current stuff.  We are known for covering Widespread Panic, Phish, Allman Brothers, and Grateful Dead, adding that jam-band element that other bands don't have a passion for.

The way things work out, I play in it when I can.  I hope that I would be there for every gig.  It just doesn't happen that way, unfortunately.  Obviously, I'm not performing in the video.  You may recognize Jeff Dittrich, who I've never met or talked with, in the video.  I was at The Musical Box concert the night this was shot.  I am on the recording, playing bass, although they sure mixed me way down.  Hard to hear any bass unless you listen for it.  I don't think I got particularly great tone on the recording; a bit too much string noise from what I heard on the playbacks.  Also worth noting that Walt is on the recording, playing keyboards and singing backup vocals but Dan Barker is in the video.  Well, it makes sense in a way since Jeff does play many of the gigs that I can't make.  He's a great player and I'm happy to share a band with him!  He also plays in the offshoot band Square One, which I used to be a member of as well when we had a house gig at the Downtown Kitchen in Canton.  I need to make it a point to get his contact info and just say "hello" and "keep up the great work!"  Of course, Dan plays in place of Walt on many of the shows.  This is a microcosm of how the music industry works - what you see isn't always what you get.  Nice job on everybody's part, I must say.  It's a business doing pleasure with all of you, and you're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment