Friday, February 17, 2012

TAAG at Java Monkey & a link to Sheet Music: Pumped Up Kicks

We met up once again to play some jazz and allsorts for a fine group of patrons beating the stormy blues.  The rains had passed and the chilly air had moved on as well.  It was a nice night to be outdoors.  We played a few of the tings we thought we'd play during our Valentine's Day show.  Actually, we still glossed over much of what we should have done.  I think that since we had a crowd (for a change), we wanted to get back to the jazz.  I protested over Dr. Lonnie Smith's Back Track, but that was the highlight!  I will never question their judgement again.  Even some of the fusion numbers like Charlie Hunter's Fred's Life and Guy's own Roll Call went over well.  My electric upright sounded good and is sure a whole lot easier to navigate than the big girl!  One patron asked to try it out - he's an upright player, so he wanted to check it out.  Gave it a decent rating.  For what it is, I like it a lot.  Sometimes I wish that I had gotten the (more expensive) Bass Cello model that Robert has, only because it is easier to play with the strap attachment.  All in all, a fun night with nothing much to recall.





Sheet Music: Pumped Up Kicks: CLICK HERE TO PRINT

Learning this song to play on Friday night. Foster the People is a new-ish band. This was their big hit song, as recorded demo-style by Mark Foster, playing all of the instruments and singing, etc. The bass line is a loop but it's a little tricky to nail it. I don't think people would notice if I don't get the subtle variances in it. Still, I shall try in earnest to commit it to memory. I bet it would sound good on Stick!

After finding this link, I went to my good ol' resource where I actually purchase content from every so often.  This is page 1, which they give you for free.  Of course, the sheet music contains elements you won't find here.  Still, the bass doesn't vary, so this is really all I need to get by...

Pumped Up Kicks at musicnotes.com




No comments:

Post a Comment