Saturday, October 2, 2010

Marriott Gateway is Connected!

Platinum played at the Grand Opening Celebration of the new Marriott Gateway at the International Convention Center near the airport on Thursday the 30th.  It has been open since the beginning of August but this night was it's coming out party.  We were asked to learn a song for the hotel - Get Connected!  It is an easy little vamp in D that bordered on repetitive.  Getting to this place was not made easy with an overly cautious security guard who would not let me into the dock area.  Thus, I was trapped in the convention center parking lot as hundreds of people filed out and promptly lined up their cars to escape to their neighborhoods.  Oh, the stress.  Well, once inside I set about getting my gear in place.  It all worked out but I know that Virginia was annoyed.  As long as I'm on time today, I think all will be forgotten - not that women ever forget much!  My 15" cabinet seems to be okay, at least with my Stingray so I'm going to try it tonight at the Ritz.  My NS is extremely susceptible to high end feedback so I always need to remember to EQ out the highs!  Ugly feedback!  No no!  We played well and had to kill extra time for V to morph into her Lady GaGa getup.  She makes a strong impression but I sense that even she thinks it's a bit too much LG all at one time.  Well, we'll work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment