Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Brasstown Valley Resort Oct. 23

This was a humdinger.  The day was crazy from the start with getting Jack to his new Saturday morning karate class which started at 9:10.  I had Spencer with me too, and we went to Mickey D's for hotcakes and eggs while we waited for Jack.  Then I foolishly decided we had enough time to go to the Sprint store to possibly purchase new phones and transfer our service from AT&T.  Well, that took a long time and Spencer was quite a handful.  I ended up missing my ride with DW so I had to drive myself and was late, but so was everybody else.  We played in a pavillion on a golf course behind the lodge, but man, what a view and the weather was nice too.  We had Michael Ray subbing for Kevin and he did a fine job.  Gus and I got into it a little over the ending for Haven't Met You Yet, which we soundchecked but didn't even play on the gig.  All is well.  The first dance was Ray LaMontagne's You Are the Best Thing, which I had learned incorrectly.  Derek got me to listen to it and the verse is in fact different form the chorus (F instead of D7/F#).  I wish I had helped myself to a lobster tail cause they were gone by the time I wanted one.  Driving back that night was a chore - 2 1/2 hours with a stop.  Then, once I got home I set up for Binnie's birthday with a sign, purple balloon, M&M's and cards.  For her birthday we went to visit with Praline and then we went to Six Flags for the day.  Fun and exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment