Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Platinum Performance at Berkeley Hall Golf Club: A Beautiful View in Bluffton & How About That Ice Bucket?


This was a road trip that I did my best to prepare for.  Given all that I was going through in retrospect, I did fairly well.  Looking back weeks later, I would say we were lucky.  We being our saxophonist Anton and our keyboardist for the night, the multi-talented Allen Cook.  They rode with me in the Odyssey.  It has it's inherent noises and issues but we made it there and back just fine.  Allen commented on a pull to the left, which I had noted as well.  It turns out that I had a hole in the front left tire (for quite some time, actually).  I think it took a very cold morning and a long drive to Norcross to bring it to my attention with a swift reduction of tire pressure.  At least I was not travelling per se with others in a time-sensitive situation.

We got to the venue a bit early, but better early than late.  I set my gear up and waited for soundcheck.  No worries.  Glad we could have as few minutes to chill.  Early is so much better.  We were outdoors in an open-air tent that was very nice but chilly in the evening.  The view of the golf course and lake behind us was spectacular.












Ice in the urinals... a new way to stay fresh



No comments:

Post a Comment