Thursday, April 3, 2014

Driving Slow on Sunday Morning: 2 Weekends at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection

Always a pleasure to be a part of the praise band at that little ol' church on Paper Mill.  I don't think I lined up anything in particular to say about these dates.  It's a sight-reading job; perhaps the only one I have, come to think of it.  We do a rehearsal before each service, mainly for the choir's benefit.  The sheet music stands are the type that have wings to widen the viewing area, which is handy.  Some of these charts are 6 pages, so I'm either playing one-handed or balancing a page on my knee if there are even more.  I think I'm getting better at keeping up.  Some of the church jobs I've done before have been a little rocky.  It's been nice to have something this rewarding this close to home.  It's been a nice run.

No comments:

Post a Comment