Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cool link to check out

From my page, I direct you to view and listen to Marc Johnson's Bass Desires, a great quartet with Marc, Peter Esrkine, and the dual guitar frontline of John Scofield and Bill Frisell (thanks Adrian - I steal my ideas from the best, as you know!).  Very cool avant-jazz post-neo-bop trad-fusion if ever I witnessed it!  Love Marc's solo on this tune.  The dude played with the mighty Bill Evans, so he has some serious jazz cred, even though he looks like he's still a freshman in college.  I have both of their albums and continue to hold out for a reunion at some point.  Speaking of reunions, in a similar vein, there is the new Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood live 2 cd set.  I was lucky enough to download it from Amazon for only $4.99!  THe price has gone up, but it's still a great deal...  Anyways, I thought it would be pertinent to link those of you adventurous readers towards my blog's namesake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE3BmwB5hfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment