Saturday, December 17, 2011

Padriac's in December

It was so crowded in Padriac's that Brent & I joked that it must be the wrong night for us to be there!  Tough when we set up at the front and there's an occupied table where the "stage" is.  It took a while for them to clear out - the place was filled up so there weren't any free tables...  I could have played with Billy Batts at the Capital City Club after all - and then hopped up to Pad's.  Hindsight is wonderful, but the time I do try that is the time when we are expected to start early.  You can't win.  Eventually, we moved the table and chairs outside and got our stuff in place.  I always help with the main on the other side of the door - running the speaker wire over the door through the shades.

We played a good mix, including some we haven't done in a while: The Smithereens' A Girl Like You was a personal highlight.  The crowd was thin after we got going - lost people to overall volume, I believe.  Strange all around.

Dancing girls...
Cliff - had his 2nd daughter since I last saw him!  Congrats Cliff!
Brent
Martay



No comments:

Post a Comment