Friday, November 18, 2011

TAAG Braves the Windy Chilly Aftermath of the Tornado Warnings

We assembled last night for another wine tasting, this time with the great guitar work of Randy Honea.  Nice to play these tunes we tend to gravitate towards with somebody different once in a while.  Randy is not afraid to take it out, or at least take it next door!  I was entertained from my position by his washes of harmonic colour and otherworldly melodic ventures.  Always a surprise twist lurking ahead.  We did many of the usual ones, and few just for fun as well: Mercy Mercy Mercy, Cantaloupe Island, Get Back (Beatles bluesy romp - must add in that pause on the IV chord where Bill Preston breaks it down, it's part of the form as far as I'm concerned), Murder by Numbers, Voodoo Chile, Cold Duck Time, ah, you get the idea.  The little space heater provided did all it could, but when it's temp reading dipped down to 49 degrees, we decided to call it an early night.  Interesting.  I was chilly indeed, and nobody was there.  They should really look into winterizing the patio with a bit more robust of a wrap job.

My electric upright sounded kinda wrong, mainly due to my Genz Benz combo finally crying "Uncle!"  It had been a little suspect as far as the speaker goes.  I had thought it was the tweeter, or horn.  Shows you what I know!  It was definitely much worse this evening.  I took it into Northwest Speakers & Equipment on Monday, who specialize in rebuilding speakers.  I may in fact just replace it, if the man feels he can get me a better driver.  It's a 12", so it takes a fair amount of punishment.  I'll follow up with the verdict.  It will be another ticket to write off, so to speak.  The fiscal year is coming to a close...











No comments:

Post a Comment