Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adrian's Wedding

Sunday the 19th came along and it was time head out to the Mary Gay House in Decatur for Adrian & Heather's wedding.  As part of the band I showed up relatively early.  I saw Guy as I was pulling up.  I secured a nice spot on the street to park for an easy load in.  I met Rob Henson who played upright bass during the ceremony, which was next door in Adair Park.  The weather was beautiful and Rob did a terrific job bowing and making it look easy on his 5-string upright (with a high C - I want one of those!).  Inside we all played a first set of jazz that gave the growing crowd some nice background music.  It was nice to meet Rob and the rest of the musicians including Kinah Boto Ayah, Brett Warren.  The one weird part of the night was that for some reason, we played You Are The Sunshine of My Life during the last set, but it was supposed to be the last dance.  So, we had to play it again!  Kind of funny.  They had great barbecue and awesome Sweetwater IPA on tap, so it was a relaxing time!  Yes!  Overjoyed was a highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment